I know, I know. I promised to release the code to my graphical programming project months ago, and I didn’t. I’m an awful person. At any rate, without further ado, the code is now available on Github: https://github.com/philipcmonk/phlisped
Here’s a few screenshots of it in action. Some of these are from a little while ago. Yes, that’s xkcd.com/1190.
A few notes:
- I wanted to get some things working before I released it, but life caught up with me, and I just didn’t. So here’s a (semi-)stable version. If you want help getting it to work, let me know. I’d love to help you.
- It depends mainly on Racket and openGL. I believe it also depends on ftgl, but it shouldn’t be hard to remove that dependency. If you have a problem with that, just let me know.
- I’m still interested in graphical programming, but I’m not sure my approach is the right way to go forward. I would love to hear any positive or negative feedback on it. This project is not under active development, so I’m mostly throwing it out here to generate discussion.
- I don’t really have docs written up, but go ahead and ask me if you have any questions. One hint: try vim-style keys (h,j,k,l,i,…) and to switch visualizations. Go ahead and experiment. There are features for some kinds of intelligent autocompletion, autorenaming, and some other bonus features that don’t have standard names.
- See my other blog posts for some ideas of my philosophy in creating this. Also read the comments.